Well hello again.. it's been a while since I last posted. I can't believe how fast summer is going by. I for one will be glad when the temps cool down some, it's been so hot and humid. I am excited because it's the start of my favorite time of the year! We just moved our summer items out for clearance and now we are gearing up for Fall-oween... yippeee! Here is a fun little project I did yesterday. I bought this Christmas tree at a garage sale for $5. Using a wire cutter I snipped off branches here and there, some I left longer and some I cut short. Then I trimmed the needles very short with an old pair of scissors cutting parallel with the wire that hold the needles on. Then I bent and twisted the trimmed branches so they looked gnarly. Then I sprayed the entire tree with a flat black spray paint, this 6' tree took 3 cans. I love how it turned out. I had intended on hot gluing moss to the center pole but decided it would be to messy. I do need to make more ornies for it but within a few weeks it will be full of pumpkins, signs, ghosts and what-nots! It needs a floppy old witch hat to put at the very top too. I also found string of orange lights at a garage sale for 50 cents and I silicone dipped them and they are perfect on the tree giving off a soft orange glow. A simple, inexpensive way to add more fun to the season!
Have a great weekend!




Thank you for sharing this..what a fun way to get a new look. Dianntha
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks great, thanks for sharing! I'm another Autumn lover, looking forward to cooler weather.
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteI just saw this thanks to a post on Prim Mart. I will now be following your blog for this is a great idea on making a Halloween Tree from a recycled Christmas tree. Just my style....
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ree